Friday, October 4, 2013

The passion of becoming a kindergarten teacher

Becoming a kindergarten teacher is a dream come true. I want to be a kindergarten teacher since I was about eight years old. Growing up with a huge family, I was the babysitter every weekend watching my cousins. I would read books, play games, and give them many activities to do. Watching them have fun and learning things their parents can't teach them made me so grateful and happy. I am a very outgoing, caring, and loving person towards everyone. With little kids us as teachers have be ready for anything that is thrown at us.
In the fifth grade I was a teacher assistant for a kindergarten classroom. Walking in the classroom had got me so excited for what my future is going to look like. There were so many different activities around the room as well as every corner had a different theme. The room set up was so amazing. I can not wait to be the teacher that has her room in a way nobody has set their room up before. I am ready to show what i have in store for kindergarten students.

Click here to view a video of a current teacher showing her the life within her classroom. I loved everything she discussed in the video. it shows the true meaning of a teacher. Every teacher has their own story

1 comment:

  1. Kindergarten has become so academic (it's the new first grade) that there aren't nearly as many games as there used to be. Children have to learn letters, handwriting, sight words and basic reading, counting to 100, addition to 10, science, civics, etc. There are assessments and benchmarks at least twice a year!

    ReplyDelete