Friday, October 4, 2013

Life as a motivational athlete.

The other day i called my 13 year old god daughter because i missed hearing her voice so much. I taught her everything she knows on the field. Besides her dad. She loves me, calls me her role model and wants to be like me when she gets older. I told her to explain to me why she wanted to do that. and she says," Because you are a hard working student athlete that still manages to make time to help a little kid out like me. And the fact that you want to be a kindergarten teacher amazes me because I know it's hard to become one." When she told me this i knew i was doing the right thing and keeping her out of trouble. As a motivational athlete you always want to be:

1) Stay positive, never negative

2) Be very patient

3)  Show the athletes how hard of a worker you are.

There is a website called http://www.eteamz.com/sbdg18u/. I explained to her that this is my travel ball team website. It shows everything that will look on your resumes for college doing things like a lot of community services. Before i got of the phone with her, i said, " No matter what always work hard. You are a student first than an athlete. If you need me I am always here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment