Thursday, November 14, 2013

Jeffrey "Fearless" Burns

 Good afternoon, my lovely fellow bloggers. As we all know from my previous blogs, I am a softball player in college. Today's blog is getting a little personal once again. Let me tell you a little story how I met my best friend Jeffrey Burns, Jr. I was the new kid in middle school in the eighth grade. He was the very first student to randomly come up to me and introduced himself. Ever since then, we had became great friends. He showed me around the neighborhood, as well as introducing me to other students at the school. The great thing about my middle school was that we all went to the same high school and graduated together for the second time. I bring up this story today because softball season for me is coming up and he was and will be my number one fan. Back in high school, he supported me at all my games no matter where it was at.

Junior year, he had disappeared for awhile and we didn't know what happened to him. One night I finally got a hold of another friend, they said he was very ill. This is when I found out he was diagnosed with leukemia. Leukemia is a malignant progressive disease in which the bone marrow and other blood-forming organs produce increased numbers of immature or abnormal leukocytes. When I found out I was devastated. I didn't know what to do. He finally got better and everyone was so happy that he fought through it. We finally graduated from high school and everyone had went their separate ways for college. The month of May the year 2011, I found out the worse thing possible. He had passed away from leukemia. I was on my way to a softball and my mother called me and told me the news. I couldn't help but to cry. My fellow athletes wondered what was going on. I still played the softball game crying because I know he wouldn't want me to sit out. So I played. Until this day, I support him and cherish him at every softball game. It has been two years of his passing and I make sure I cherish every moment with all my friends and family because you may never know what could happen. So I shall say, you all should do the same. Have a great day my fellow bloggers.
REST IN PEACE JEFFREY BURNS. I LOVE YOU EVERY SINGLE DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment