Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Technology as a future educator.

 

         Good morning, my fellow bloggers. Today is a topic discussion about using technology in the near future as an educator. Technology today is becoming popular in classrooms more and more every day. In an article written by Kelly Ni states that, "Using technology in the classroom is not just about getting devices into children’s hands. Technology to be used productively for learning and education, according to Michael Horn, author of “Disrupting Class, Expanded Edition: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns.” Horn was a panelist at a live-streamed panel meeting at MIT’s Media Lab in Cambridge, Mass., which was hosted by MSNBC Anchor Alex Witt and NBC special correspondent Chelsea Clinton. "
          Training teachers to use technology in the class along with the students is a better way for a lesson because than your students would not just be clicking anything on the activity being used. You and the student will be learning at the same time. As a teacher, you should be able to know more then the student to make it a lot easier on you to explain to the students. From reading this Article, I loved reading about a former Chicago public school teacher. The teachers name is Lucy Gray. She is also an Apple distinguished educator, and a Google certified teacher, co-founded the Global Education Conference. The thing that stood out to me in the article was that Gray had talked to a teacher that allowed her students to talk to other students in South America. This allowed both classes to collaborate with a report from using Google Docs.
           I reviewed the Google Docs website and I loved it. It allows students to collaborate with others around the world. You can go over PowerPoint's from a project and get another perspective about what else you need.  You can basically do anything. As a future educator, I will definitely use technology in my classroom. Since I want to be a kindergarten teacher, I can't have the students write blogs and have a twitter account. They can use many other activities on the computer. An activity I would use in my classroom is ABC mouse. It allows students to learn about reading, math, art, colors and music. The best thing about this website it allows students to continue learning more at home. I want my students to have the best time in my classroom. I also want their parents to get involved. If they find any new type of technology that can be helpful to the classroom, I would be glad to discuss their ideas. "The children are our future, Technology is our future, let's help Educate a better technological society." Have a great day bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment